Q. What is and isn't included in your fee?
Generally, it will include the following:
- All client coordination and meetings
- Verifying the permit requirements of the municipality for the project lot (as each will have their
- own process), as well as, checking to see if there is a homeowner's associations (do they have an
- Architect Review Committee process?)
- The design and drawing process (Project Coordination, Design, Design Development, Working
- Drawings, Project Coordination)
I don't do: Interior design (selection of colors and finishes, furniture, lighting fixtures, etc.), site surveys, soils reports, or structural engineering, however I can help the client coordinate for such work. Essentially, it depends on the client's needs. It can be as simple as assisting the client to refine their remodel design for permit up through site visits to review construction progress.